TRUTH TUESDAY

Image result for old men shadow nature
I AM HERE

On her dying bed she lay
Doctors frantic to save her last breath
I observe at the back
A clumsy student nurse
My mind wonder at length
Something poetic and tragic stir in me
Death does that to the best of us.

Her teeth grew just to fall out
My last pair is still growing
When mine is in pain, I medicate them
When they get crooked, I brace them
And all for what?
Why do I grow them to loose them?
Why should the sun rise only to set?

That night when I went to bed
I contemplated my sorry existence
Sorry, not because I do nothing with it
Rather because I wonder
What is the bloody point?
Even if I go out with a bang
I am still gone.

Maybe I should find my solace in the story of the sun
Though it may rise to set
In it's awakening it blazes a path
It feeds the leaves
It leaves its legacy
It says, I was here
So I say, I AM HERE.
Rony Brown


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

JOB NO DEY BY KWAW LYRICS

MONDAY MOTIVATION

LONGER THAN A SHORT STORY: SHE THINKS SHE STANDS