GONE- feeling poemy










GONE
Was it a year ago or longer?
When we met and made memories
Memories as sharp as a double edged dagger
You were my first date and first kiss
What a high those moments were!

I was a fool to think that it could ever last
Even the best of us have to leave
But I stayed
Hell, I wanted you gone quickly
Maybe, I thought, it wouldn’t hurt.

What a hole you left in my heart
Indeed, no promises were made
No, not one
But that doesn’t stop me, you know
Spending my nights drowning my pillow.

So it was all coming to an end
I wouldn’t have let it all go so fast
Now, just like footsteps on the shore
Washed away by one angry wave
The past, with its promises of the future is all gone.

R. Brown.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

JOB NO DEY BY KWAW LYRICS

MONDAY MOTIVATION

LONGER THAN A SHORT STORY: SHE THINKS SHE STANDS