POEM- BROKEN PIECES



BROKEN PIECES

There was a time 
A very long time ago
I told myself
So many things
So many NEVERS...
I will never do this
No, I can never do that

Can someone tell me how?
How did I find myself here?
I am breaking my own rules
I’m breaking my own heart

He came at night
My knight in shining armour
I told myself
He is the one
He’ll treasure my brokenness
So I gave it all
After all, it was not much

Maybe you can tell me how
How did I find myself here?
He broke my virginity and sanity
And I bore it with an inward scream

He had come with his own agenda
As my knight, his armor so bright
I was his conquest
Yet after his plunder
I was left without shine
He scoffed and sneered
Then turned his back on me.

I’m sure you have the answer
How did I find myself here?
Broken and battered
Even more broken than before


Rony Brown

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

JOB NO DEY BY KWAW LYRICS

MONDAY MOTIVATION

LONGER THAN A SHORT STORY: SHE THINKS SHE STANDS