UNTITLED POEMS BY DARAH


I had hope

Hope, that things could get better

This sentiment was trifling

It shouldn’t have been noticed

But the hole in my heart was so vast

So desperate, so desolate…

Hope crafted illusions

Some label it fantasies, I call it unrealities

But I had this hope

The odds of a new dimension

It felt prodigious, so extraordinary, I felt new

Within seconds, I was adrift

Lost in this attraction, so engulfed; I overlooked reality

My hope for humanity felt so unquestionable

I had no second thoughts, no further verification

I just held on to hope; held on so tight

I didn’t even realize it was gone

No, not until I felt empty again

Not until I began to drown in veracity

It hurt so bad, I craved for the indefinite

But, perhaps there's no disparity

The definite is the unknown

Maybe hope is just a means to be happy

What if they are feelings dependent on each other

I'm still lost; but not in emotions

Lost between the thin line of validity and falsity

                                     Darah

🕳🕳🕳🕳🕳🕳🕳🕳🕳🕳🕳🕳🕳🕳🕳🕳🕳
 
Darah is a medical student who doubles as a night shift writer. With her words, she uplifts her Maker, spits gold like it's in her genes, and draws one masterpiece after another.
🕳🕳🕳🕳🕳🕳🕳🕳🕳🕳🕳🕳🕳🕳🕳🕳🕳

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

JOB NO DEY BY KWAW LYRICS

MONDAY MOTIVATION

LONGER THAN A SHORT STORY: SHE THINKS SHE STANDS