I WAS JUST BOOBED. YEA, IN THE FACE!


RANT MODE ACTIVATED

The students that had gathered just outside the class where we were having our lecture had done so prematurely. An entire thirty minutes before our class was to end, why?!

It is fine, you can gather, but at least can you tone down on all the noise? I mean, come on!

So our  lecturer had to close us fifteen minutes early. The very moment they saw us packing our things, they rushed into the classroom. I was sitting quite close to the door. I put my book into my bag, lifted my face and guess where it landed? Yes, you guessed right! Right in between some lady's boobs!

She was trying to put her bag on the seat next to mine and was waiting for me to vamoose my seat. Meaning, she had booked the seat for a friend (who was not there at the moment) with her bag and was going to take mine for herself.

Typical!

So yes poor me! I HAVE BEEN BOOBED! Anyway, her sorrys did nothing to stop my mind from immediately starting to formulate a blog post in my head based on the experience. So here I am.

I did not want to do it at first. (Yes, I realise that a lot of my recent blog posts are in the first person and not in the third person or in the 'trafficked' person 😅)

But this is critical because I learnt a lesson folks. (Trust me to learn a lesson from being boobed!😆)

Why were they rushing into the class, really?

From my personal experience of rushing into classes even before the class before was over, I know that it was not because of how fun the lecture was going to be or how much I was looking forward to what was going to be taught. It was because I did not and I repeat did not want to be standing through out a whole two-hour lecture. And for others, they didn't want their front row seat taken from them. (That also used to be me. How the mighty (front rowers) have fallen.)

Currently, it will only take the threat of a quiz to recollect what I was taught during all those lectures I was rushing to.

And that is bad, really bad.

The system run in most of our tertiary institutions here in Ghana, is what is termed the babadie system, also referred to as the chew, pass, study and forget system.

I don't blame anyone for this system. But as students, being adaptable should be one of our goals. If I am going to rush into a class and get a seat, then I better remember to apply it in my life.

Even if it is calculus or some organic chemistry, I will demystify it and apply it in my life.

That is my mentality now (I pray). After getting nothing from a whole semester of anatomy, physiology and pathology, I will not allow nursing administration to pass me by without knowing how to administrate my own life.

What about you?

Love,
Rony.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

JOB NO DEY BY KWAW LYRICS

MONDAY MOTIVATION

LONGER THAN A SHORT STORY: SHE THINKS SHE STANDS