WHEN PUSH COMES TO SHOVE





Courtesy- Me.
It was not right
It just wasn’t right
The way you pushed me
You always had me with my back against the wall
My heart in my mouth
And my knees weak
But with nowhere to escape
I had to let it mould me
I had to let it keep me going
They said, what doesn’t break you makes you stronger
So I had to let it feel good
Whenever my back hit the wall
I became a lot less spineless.

But now I have to put up a fight
Or be put to flight
You made a beautiful vessel out of me
So why  are you hell bent on destroying me?
There was always a purpose to your push
But now, my head is hurting
My nose is bleeding
And my heart is bursting
It is just enough!
Let me walk away with my dignity
Memories of what used to be
But you push harder
No, you shove harder.

Now that push has come to shove
I will have to push back
Maybe brawl in the dirt
Just to show you what you've made of me
Who knows what will happen?
They say my scars are scary
I never believed in an eye for an eye
A tooth for a tooth
Yes, one broken heart for another
But I will never be the same
My substance, scattered in the sea
Yet I will rise with the waves
And watch you take that last breathe
As we sink together.
-R. Brown

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

JOB NO DEY BY KWAW LYRICS

MONDAY MOTIVATION

LONGER THAN A SHORT STORY: SHE THINKS SHE STANDS