TRAFFICKED SEVEN



TRAFFICKED-CODE BLUE


She curled into a ball, her back to him as she gently rocked herself. Underneath his sheets she was stark naked, having had any semblance of clothing torn off of her when she was being defiled. No words were exchanged between them for a long time. Then suddenly Isaac spoke up. The rich and mocking timbre that he always had in his voice had turned sombre and sad.

"You are sixteen, yea?" He asked not expecting a reply, "I was ten." He sighed deeply.

Amina stilled.

"When they took me from my family, I am sure my family did not even notice anything amiss. In fact, I was the third to vanish without a trace. And as it was for the other two, life continued. My mother did not weep, my siblings did not care. I guess with a household of 35 children, and seven wives..." He stopped again. This time he let out a shaky sigh. It was getting more difficult for him to speak. "No one wanted to bother my father with news of the loss of replaceable children. The night that I was taken on my way back from school, I was defiled."

Amina turned to him then, red eyes opened wide.

"How?" Isaac scoffed, "through any hole they could find or make do with. Seven men. Seven full-grown and buff men. They left me on the cold hard ground as I slowly bled out. You know something," Red eyes stared into redder eyes. "All the time that I lay on the ground, I just had one thought." He caressed her cheek then.

"I am a survivor."
"I will survive."

They said simultaneously. That was when she allowed the dam to break. She did not hold herself back.

Tears broke through her will to stop them. "But I don't feel like a survivor, Ike. I-I feel b-broken a-and... a-and..."

"Empty." Isaac finished for her.

He pulled her into his hard bosom and soothed her. She wept some more until she started to get angry.

"Then why are you still here" She screamed as she pushed him away. "Why have you who was oppressed become the oppressor? Tell me! Why haven't you ran away?" She was on her feet drawing further and further away from him

And.his.lies. 

"Because I can't. Newsflash Amina, no one can run away from this. You can't run from the evil in the hearts of men."

"THAT IS A STUPID THING TO SAY!" She yelled at the top of her voice. She refused to accept that as her truth. "YOU CAN..."

Isaac shut her up with a slap. "Get a grip."

The sting of the slap shut her up for a minute of two. "Come with me. Let's escape from this place this very night. All we need to do is try." Amina said calmly.

"You can't." Isaac held her then. "Don't make this hard for yourself."

As she tried to listened to him, the decision to leave silenced his voice. As she stood limply in his arms, she knew that she had to run away before his truth became her truth.

I will escape from this hell.

Isaac held her face tenderly and kissed the darker areas that were starting to form on her dark face. Amina winced. She knew that the only way to escape was to have him deep in sleep. So sore and aching she gave in to him, sated his needs until with a groan of release he collapsed on top of her. It took a second before he moved off her and soon she started to snore restfully.

She counted to hundred, picked a shirt of his and took to her heels. She ran and ran. No matter what, she had to feel the rough stone of the pavement instead of the smooth tiles beneath her feet. And for every door that did not open to her during her escape she ran harder to find another door. Finally one door gave in and soon her feet touched something other than tiles; grass. She looked into the heavens and breathed then continued running. She ran and ran till she bumped into a man in a blue uniform and a cap.

"Officer, please take me away from here, please!" She pleaded with tears in her eyes.



MOVING PLACES HOTEL

"Sir. Sir!" Isaac opened his eyes to see two of his men standing over him and calling his name. "She is leaving."

He sat up then. He grabbed his morning coat and followed them to the camera room.

"What should we do?" One of the bodyguards asked.

"Let her go." Isaac replied and pressed a button. One locked door just popped open right in front of Amina. Isaac smiled when she did not hesitate to run through the door.

"Everything is going just as planned." The smile touched his eyes when she was able to find her way out of the hotel and she was visibly elated. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

JOB NO DEY BY KWAW LYRICS

MONDAY MOTIVATION

LONGER THAN A SHORT STORY: SHE THINKS SHE STANDS